Skip to main content

If not M.Tech then what ??



          Who knows? Life has an ever-changing path with scads of options open at every possible instant. One needs to have a lot of courage and confidence to leave one and follow the other. “Every path is paved with gold” is the marketing mantra and you just need to find the essence of the holiness in the path you choose to kiss the summit in this highly competitive world. Keeping aside reaching the summit, finding the essence is in itself a mammoth task to achieve.
Though I was lucky enough (that’s what I think) to get into the MTech program, I did have a lot of choices to make other than Mtech. To be a doctor was my first dream and I tried a bit to achieve it.  But the huge syllabus in my intermediate deprived me to attain such a lovely goal and I had to detour this path with no other option other than the very common BTech.
“BTech used to be a very prestigious degree in our times”, is what my father kept on saying all the time. I felt as if I am committing a crime by opting for this used to be a prestigious course. It really gave an impression that students who don’t get to get into anything finally settle for engineering and it was really annoying. Still curious to know how, but I did manage to get a degree after four years which stated “BTech in Electronics and Telecommunication”.
But the twist came then and I was uncertain about my future. I didn’t know what to do or rather what I want to do. I somehow managed to get out of college and then there I was, standing with a dark road or perhaps roads in front of me. With no clear thoughts and a common engineer’s job in an IT company paying the meagre salary possible, I decided to try every possible way. I had the intention to get absorbed into any field which readily accepts a novice like me.
The first path was to prepare for Common Aptitude Test (CAT), every engineer’s dream. Almost half of my batch mates were along with me, on their way to become managers and capture the multinationals under their arms. I was really worried as to how do I compete with so many people who always surpassed me in every aspects of graduation. But I did not lose hope and kept on preparing. After a lot of preparation, I appeared for CAT and cleared it with good percentile. It was just good and not sufficient to get me going. I got some real good offers from so called good colleges for MBA.
The second path was to prepare for Masters in science (MS). Suddenly I got focussed and interested to go to a foreign university to complete my masters. A foreign degree really looks good in your profile. I got this impression when I saw three foreign degrees in our H.O.D‘s nameplate outside her cabin. I started having dreams which had the impression to be real. So I prepared for GRE and appeared for it. This time as well I had a good result but again not that good.
These two results really disheartened me. I was getting opportunities from good college but was unable to convert them into reality. I again came back to the situation, puzzled about my own interest in life. I was so fickle minded that I could not even decide what to do next. I was in real dilemma as I had three options, viz, MS, MBA and job. This enigmatic situation had the courage to introduce me to the fourth option MTech. With no intention in life to opt for a masters in Technology, I had to appear the tests for it.
To the utter disappointment of my life, this was the only path I got through without any inkling of hassle. Had I not passed this barrier so easily, I may have been studying accounting and finance in some BSchool in India or doing research in some trendy topic in the USA or sitting in the bench of an IT major drawing and spending money without even doing a bit of work. Life would have been different and it’s really hard to say in which way. For a good for nothing lad like me, having so many options to choose from is simply an illustration of the idiom “Bolt from the Blue”.
To be very precise, if not MTech then I would have been a future Manager of a multinational trying to utilize every bit of its resources to make up for its losses. If not so, then may be a future scientist, chided and castigated for trying to disprove the Newton’s Laws or else a corner cubicle guy in an IT major with no intention of getting disturbed. Life did give me a chance and I grabbed it at the right moment to enjoy every flesh out of it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IIIT Bangalore interview

You would also like Preparing for Interview , Getting into IIITB ,  Preparing for Online Exam , and FAQ on MS in IIITB We reached the campus for the interview 5 minutes before the scheduled time. I attended a lot of interviews before this but the interview at IIITB seemed special. A little bit of tension and the joy to be in Bangalore balanced my psyche as my brother parked the car in the parking lot. He was my cousin’s friend who was there to accompany me as he himself was a student of IIITB . Nevertheless, both of us went to the help desk located at the main gate where I had to verify myself as me. Then we were handed over a paper which listed all the process that was going to be held and was directed to the main building. Impressive as we already knew what all we had to do without any problem. So we headed towards the main building. It looked great from outside with some perfect combination of colors and a large logo at the top. The campus was tidy enough which seemed to h

IIITB : Preparing for the Online Exam

Now here you are, at the most important part-The Preparation. Well there's nothing to be feared or getting tensed. These exams are all about testing your capabilities. If you are pretty sure about what you can do, then you are there. I will be dividing the article in two parts i.e, Online Exam and Interview (Follow the link provided) and I will be short. Online Exam : The first hurdle, and you need to be fast and smart at the same time. If you have not appeared any competitive exams before then take this as a must suggestion. You ought to be fast and value each second in a minute. The exam will be for some odd 2 hours and you will have 3 sections, viz, APTITUDE, MATHS and PROGRAMMING.           Aptitude:  This section consists of some basic English questions(Articles, Prepositions, Sentence Completion, Antonyms, Synonyms etc), Logical questions and some tricky questions. They are easy but needs some practice. As you have limited time for each section and have to finish withi

IIITB : Preparing for the Interview

Congratulations if you cleared the Written Exam. Just one more step and you are through. Interview is the most important part in any selection process. It is here that you get the chance to prove yourself in front of the professionals. So if you are confident of your knowledge and presentability then there is no need to worry. Interview is conducted for three days in a row for all the MTech students(There are around 1000 students called for interview). You will be allotted a day and will be asked to report to the college on the specified day. The process will basically cover the whole day with many events like Document clarifications, Biometric Scans, Interview etc. The Interview is a one-to-one process where you will be interviewed by a Professor of the college. The interview will last for around 20 minutes where you will be asked several questions which you need to answer precisely. The questions will be all typical interview questions like:                     1. What is your